Goals / OKRs
- To go to your goals you need to have goals that are measurable.
- OKRs are a great way to do this.
- Treat any project as an experiment.
- It has a why you are running this experiment
- What you need to do to do the tasks
- The people doing the tasks have to define the how.
- Usually want you want with the how is to figure out the minimum things that needs to be done to build the feature.
- Experiments are a way to seek out new opportunities for your organization that it can do
- Or it can be experiments that make things more efficient.
- The goal of an experiment is for the future that leads to growth or evolution that leads to delivering higher value.
- If an experiment is too risky or too big but can itself deliver high value then it should be moved to a mission team and that team executes the experiment with their own set of resources.
- They need to be independent of the existing team and able to in effect compete with the existing company.
- Think of how the Mac was developed independetly within Apple.