Simplifying the Tech Stack
I read this article and I was a bit concerned that I was doing similar crazy things with technology but then I realized all my problems are not technology. It is easy to constantly tweak a tech stack or use a number of technologies but at the base you need to keep things simple very, very simple. So here are the technologies that I am using:
- Sheepdog. This is for Strategy and Sprint stuff.
- Basecamp. Project Management as well as Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly checklists.
- Airtable. Run almost everything out of this as humanly possible.
- MS Word, Dropbox Paper
- Zapier to connect things together
- AWS Lambda / Aurora Serverless. Deployment and Code deployment
- GKE / Kubernetes
- Python, Typescript and Ruby on Rails. Keep the technology stack generic, not using Ruby outside of Rails so why I combined the two.
- Terraform and Packer