In 2019 I built a lot of stuff, a rough draft. 2020 I had to whittle down what I produced, taking the red pen and cutting everything that didn't address the thesis. I took a second to figure out what my thesis! This year, I deleted the monologues and removed the unnecessary paragraphs that just don't fit. The thesis is starting to shine. The remaining paragraphs strengthen my argument while getting filled out.
A company is an essay. Each part builds on the last, articulating precisely the value it is delivering and removing anything that doesn't strengthen or add to its argument. But a company is a living essay. It evolves with time, updated with new facts while proving its thesis. If the thesis changes, the company needs to change.
opsZero has a thesis. Each part has a precise definition, with anything unneeded is being removed.
What went well the last week?
- Deprecated Postswarm, Gitlead as they are not something I care about pursuing.
- Deprecated Notion and moving everything into Github.
- Setup a single Jupyter notebook to run every aspect of opsZero, making it easier to accomplish tasks.
What needs improvement?
- Remove the rest of Notion.
- Start modularizing the Flywheel into Python.