Adventures in coding and coding for adventures.
Jekyll Branch Deployment
A tool which deploys a branch to a separate staging environments which is tied to Github.
The flow should be the following:
- Git commit is pushed.
- Post receive hook is received and we take those to build alternate the site and deploy it. Should do so for pull requests as well.
- Take all the branches and push it to different stage environments
This can be achieved in the following way:
- Docker image which contains:
- Post-Hook Receiving App
- A post hook is received.
- App essentially keeps track of all the branches and their commits.
- If a branch is created or updated then it causes a regeneration.
- There should be a folder generated in static.
- These folders should be the subdomains that are generated.